Why join the MBFA? If you are an expectant parent or already a parent of multiples, we hope you will consider joining a large group of families who share the common bond of having to care for more than one baby at atime.
As a member, you and your multi-family will enjoy the following benefits:
- All our members are parents or expecting parents of multiples, so they actually understand what you are talking about
- Our social events, like our annual picnic, holiday parties, weekly playgroups, monthly Multi Moms' and multi Dads' Nights Out.
- You'll get much-needed support from the volunteers who staff our telephone contact lines which include support for preemies, special needs, single parents, breast feeding, bereavement, to name a few.
- You will be able to take our own Multiples' prenatal classes - they are taught by our volunteers (parents of multiples) and a great way to meet other expectant parents
- You'll be admitted early to our famous semi-annual sales of gently used clothing, toys, and equipment, and be allowed to sell your own items there. If you volunteer your time, you get 90% of your sales, which is better than any consignment store
- You'll receive Multifacts, our newsletter, which features interesting articles, news, classified ads, and information about upcoming events.
- You will be invited to our New Members' Meet and Greet event where you will meet other new members of the Association
- You'll have access to the "Members-Only" section of our website where you'll find downloadable MBFA documents, discussion forums and more.
- You'll benefit from our Outreach program which offers assistance to members during difficult times
- Our own Bulletin Boards - on-line discussions on variety of topics
- Workshops - different topics are presented as a discussion, great way to share information and get some ideas
- Your membership card will allow you to redeem big savings from our list of local businesses who offer discounts to our MBFA members.
- You will have access to discounted tickets for shows and events in Ottawa and other areas
- You will be able to participate in our silent auctions - an opportunity to bid to win some exciting prizes
- *NEW* The MBFA is now an affiliate chapter member of Multiple Births Canada and our members receive valuable information, newsletters and benefits as part of the MBC family.
- Advertising opportunities with MBFA - if you know of a company who wants to advertise their product/service with us, we provide very affordable rates
- After 10 consecutive years of paid membership, you become a charter member, which means free membership for your family for as long as you want.
To Join Or Renew Your Membership with the MBFA
Currently, our membership dues are $45 for a twelve-month period. To join the MBFA, or renew your membership, you have two choices:
1. Register Online. This involves completing the correct online form and paying with credit card or cash transfer (with PayPal):
Chartered Members' Online Renewal
2. Download the Registration Form and mail the completed form to:
MBFA - Membership
P.O. Box 5532, Station 'F'
Ottawa, ON K2C 3M1
Registering online is the most efficient method for our volunteer organization. Thank you.
For our new members, once we receive your payment and registration form, our Membership Director will mail you a New Members Package containing helpful information and your MBFA membership card. This card will have a username and password providing you access to the members-only area on our website.
Should you have any questions, please contact our Membership Director at email@example.com.
Thank you for joining the Multiple Birth Families Association!