What to Expect When You Are Expecting Multiples!
Our prenatal course, Multiple Expectations, offers hints, ideas and true-life stories about coping with newborn multiples. It also offers expectant parents the opportunity to participate in a supportive network with other parents who are expecting twins or more. These classes are not designed to provide medical information and should not be a replacement for hospital prenatal classes. On the other hand, all classes are taught by volunteers who themselves are parents of multiples. We provide you with our own experience and share knowledge and ideas to help you deal with multiples.
Our Saturday one-day classes usually begin at 9:00 a.m. and run until 3:00 p.m.
Our classes usually take place somewhere central in the city.
Please check the schedule below.
Cost per couple (not per person): $40 for members and $50 for non-members (includes all relevant materials for the course).
We cover the following topics (depending on the interest in the class):
- Introduction to the MBFA
- Prenatal nutrition and activity
- What to do if put on bed rest
- Common worries and concerns that parents have when expecting multiples and how to cope
- Being classified as "high risk pregnancy" ... what does this mean for mom and babies?
- Pre-term labour - how to know what it is and what to do if it happens
- Other complications that can arise with multiple pregnancies
- If you have premature babies, what to expect and how to cope
- Guest speakers sharing their pregnancy, labour and delivery stories and what helped them cope at home with more than one newborn!
Labour and delivery of multiples, the variations that can occur
The stages of labour
Medical and non-medicated forms of pain control during labour & delivery
What is induction?
Information on what to expect if you have to have a cesarean section
Post-partum recovery for mom and babies DVD viewing of a twin and/or triplet deliveries
- Post-partum "baby blues" vs. depression
- Surviving at home with multiples (including what equipment, clothing, etc. other parents of multiples have found to be lifesavers!)
- Feeding your babies (schedule vs. on-demand, bottle, breast, pumping breast milk, etc.)
- Guest speakers from Breastfeeding Buddies program (city of Ottawa) and MBFA volunteer
- Caring for your babies
May 23, 2015
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
St. Paul Catholic High School,
2675 Draper Avenue (near Pinecrest and Hwy 417)
July 18, 2015
9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Ben Franklin Place,
101 Centrepointe Drive , Nepean
*We kindly ask that no children attend the class*
* If you are registering a week or less before the classes starts,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if there is still space available.
Classes run from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
(unless specified otherwise)
Please come a little early to confirm registration.
Click Here to Register Now
You must pay in advance - preferably online, prior to attending the course.
For more information about our Prenatal Classes,
please contact our Prenatal Coordinator at (613) 860-6565 or e-mail email@example.com
If you would like to register for the prenatal course now, you can do so using your credit card or bank transfer using PayPal.
If you do not have a PayPal account, they are free to set up.